Wednesday, March 9, 2011

My Little Pony


Bald ponies! This has to be right up there on my list of favorite orders! The little girl these were for is a My Little Pony super fan. I really surprised myself with these :) 100% hand piped with some food marker highlights :)


Bald pony close ups. I was worried about drawing the eyes but ended up being REALLY happy with how they came out!


Sophie's special cookie :)


The finished product :) LOVE them!


Ditto!

"My Little Ponies? Do they have to actually look like ponies? Do you just want horse shoes in My Little Pony colours instead????" This order kept me up at night! I got the job about a week before delivery and that was torturous! Seriously. I stayed up at night worrying about whether or not I had to ability to pull them off, picturing the client's face when she saw my failed attempt at My Little Pony illustration and counting down the days until I could finally bake them. First I drew on their bodies and was happy with that. Then I piped on the borders and filled the bodies. Still pretty happy. Then I started on their faces... YIKES! Their eyes really gave me chills! You mess up the eyes you mess up everything! But those very same eyes turned out so well that they bolstered my confidence and when it came time to give each pony her mane and tail I became downright cocky! 

Listen, I only give myself props when props are due... And I was so happy with these that props became due on facebook, via email to every family member and friend I have off facebook and on cakecentral. And then I climbed down off my high pony and settled back in to the next order and it's pre-start jitters.




No comments:

Post a Comment